SDR® is the first bulk-fill composite base material. It is a revolutionary way to save you time as it makes posterior direct restorations less cumbersome for the clinician.
- Bulk-fill in 4mm increments due to 60% reduction in shrinkage stress versus other composites
- Up to 40% time-saving over conventional layering composites
- Easy placement with the compula tip
- 1 universal shade
- Significantly reduced risk of post-op sensitivity due to excellent internal cavity adaptation and no void/air bubbles
- Long-term restorations and very low incidence of microleakage
- Capped with any universal composite
- Rated Top Composite Bulk Fill Base in 2012, 2013 and 2014 by The Dental Advisor
SDR is indicated for:
- Base in cavity class I & II direct restorations
- Liner under direct restorative materials-class II box liner
- Pit & Fissure Sealant
- Conservative class I restoration without a separate enamel cap
- Core build-up
- Restoration of primary molars
Keep it simple, make it SDR
Up to 40% time-saving versus conventional layering techniques.
If you use or have used DENTSPLY’s Dycal or Kalzinol products in the past you are sure to be interested in SDR (Smart Dentine Replacement) which can be bulk filled in 4mm and eliminates the need for a separate liner.
Bulk-fill in 4mm increments
The unique patented formulation of SDR leads to controlled polymerisation. A modulator is included, helping the monomers to form a more relaxed network. This reduces the effect of volume shrinkage, therefore resulting in less shrinkage stress (force). This enables SDR to be placed in 4mm increments avoiding the cumbersome and time-consuming layering technique.
Chemically compatable with methacrylate based adhesives and bonds - aesthetics determined by the capping composite.
Excellent cavity adaption and reduced post-operative sensitivity
SDR's flowable viscosity provides ideal self-leveling properties, which gives simple and effective placement of Class I and Class II properties.